Established by John Brown Cameron in 1895 to service the mining industry. J B Cameron has become one of Ballarat’s largest family owned & operated businesses located just two blocks south of the Ballarat town hall.
In 1931 the focus of the business shifted to incorporate plumbing supplies and industrial hardware products. J B Cameron moved to the current position on the corner of Armstrong Street South and Eyre Streets in 1957.
Today the business consists of three modules, plumbing & hardware, steel distribution and welding and industrial supplies operating under the banners of Cameron’s Plumbing Plus, Cameron’s Metaland and Cameron’s Welding and Industrial supplies, all supported by affiliation with national buying groups.